Fist of Guthix Pros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fist of Guthix Pros

Hi.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to the Hitpoints Skill

Go down 
+2
mariah(m4r41k0h)
jeunslo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeunslo
MOD
MOD
jeunslo

Changes to the Hitpoints Skill Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Today, we have made significant modifications to the Hitpoints skill, the most important of these being that all ‘hitpoints’ are now multiplied by 10 and renamed ‘life points’, and the name of the actual skill being changed to Constitution. The numbers you see will be bigger, but they will still affect things in the same way.

It’s important to note that this will not change standard combat or the way you play the game.

The best way to describe these changes is with a few examples:

Example 1

Before today’s update:
A player has level 75 in the Hitpoints skill (this gives them 75 hitpoints).
The player has a max hit of 34.
The player is fighting a lesser demon, which has 79 hitpoints and a max hit of 8.
The player is carrying some lobsters, which heal 12 hitpoints each.

After today’s update:
A player has level 75 in the Constitution skill (which gives them 750 life points).
The player has a max hit of 340.
The player is fighting a lesser demon, which has 790 life points and a max hit of 80.
The player is carrying some lobsters, which heal 120 life points each.

Example 2

Before today’s update:
Two players are in PvP combat.
Player A has 21 hitpoints and a max hit of 7. He is carrying chickens, which heal 3 hitpoints each when eaten.
Player B has 92 hitpoints and a max hit of 45. She is carrying manta rays, which heal 22 hitpoints each.

After today’s update:
Two players are in PvP combat.
Player A has 21 Constitution (giving him 210 life points) and has a max hit of 70. He is carrying chickens, which heal 30 life points each.
Player B has 92 Constitution (giving her 920 life points) and has a max hit of 450! W00t! She is carrying manta rays, which heal 220 life points each.

Example 3

Before today’s update:
A player falls from an Agility shortcut and takes 4 damage. When the player takes damage, the amount of damage they take is subtracted from their current hitpoint total. Their current Hitpoint skill level also decreases by the same.

After today’s update:
A player falls from an Agility shortcut and takes 40 damage. When the player takes damage, the amount of damage they take is subtracted from their current life point total. Their Constitution level is unaffected.

As you can see from the above examples, your basic stat remains the same, but the amount of hits you can take (that’s ALL damage, not just from combat) have been multiplied by 10. Equally, the damage you deal has also been multiplied by 10, and all food will heal you 10 times as much.

Your current life points are displayed in the status globe at the top-right hand corner of the screen, next to the minimap. When you take damage, this number will go down, NOT your Constitution stat.

The Constitution skill on the stats interface is in the same place that the Hitpoints skill stat used to be (at the top of the second column of skills; however, your current Constitution level does NOT reflect how much damage you can take – you’ll have to look at the life point display next to the minimap to see that. The skill icon for Constitution is the same as was used for Hitpoints.

This news outlines what has changed with this update; if you’d like to know more about why we have implemented this update, please read this blog.

-comment-
Back to top Go down
http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?98,99,720,58757698,goto,1
jeunslo
MOD
MOD
jeunslo

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:51 pm

hmpff ill have to get used to this...
Back to top Go down
mariah(m4r41k0h)
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro
mariah(m4r41k0h)

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 pm

wow .... lol! this looks lame >.> why wud they make it so much harder when the hp system works fine =/
Back to top Go down
F4c3 D3st1ny
Legend Fogger
Legend Fogger
F4c3 D3st1ny

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 pm

I am going to LOL at pkers.
Back to top Go down
jor6moin
P R O
P R O
jor6moin

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 pm

I read in a development diary that one of the main reasons was so noobs could hit more often without actually doing more damage to build confidence. O_o. GAYest reason to screw up millions of other players.

The other was so that the skill and life points would be seperate, so Constitution potions, which would boost the max hp you can have but not heal you ( we already have sara brews for that, AND they heal you...). Even so, they didn't have to x10 for that.

About the names.

Life points isnt that bad. Most people still gonna call it HP anyway. But seriously, wth does "Constitution" have to do with health. Could have named it stamina or something. Or keep it hp since they renamed the actual hp life points.

But... just something to get usd yoo. Neutral
Back to top Go down
dragoon 889
MOD
MOD
dragoon 889

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Feels bad man...one reason I liked RS more than other RPG's was because it didnt use some giant HP system like WOW(uses it in the several thousands lol).
Back to top Go down
Elfen lied

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 am

hi
Back to top Go down
jeunslo
MOD
MOD
jeunslo

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Hello, welcome to fog pros forums. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the Hitpoints Skill   Changes to the Hitpoints Skill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to the Hitpoints Skill
Page 1 of 1